In the Burgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
February 26th 2008
Published: February 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! Unfortunately, there was no big travels this week. :-( But I did do some fun things.
On Tuesday, me and some friends went and sat in the folk music club's rehearsal. It was really interesting, all of the members just brought their stringed instruments and jammed. There seemed to be an excess amount of fiddles/violins, but it was a really cool experience. At one point, a kilt-wearing man showed up with a bagpipe and played (the bagpipe is a REALLY loud instrument when played in a small room.)
The rest of the week went on, me and my friend Brittany bought some cards at a convenient store and the cashier showed us a magic trick that we could not figure out for the life of us.
On Friday, I went to a friend's flat and a group of us had a nice dinner, we ate squash and pasta, and apple pie ala mode. On Saturday, me and some friends went to see the film Juno, I really liked it (even though I saw it last week.) We then ate at a nice Italian restaurant and then headed over to the Student Union Pub and played board games. We played Cluedo, which is the UK's version of Clue, and we also played Trivia Pursuit. Trivia Pursuit was hilarious, the questions were uber challenging. At least 70% of them were related to British culture and tended to focus on: Horse racing, Dog racing, Tony Blair, Football (soccer), and British authors. We laughed and decided that the game was everything you'd need to know and experience while studying abroad, so next time you feel like studying abroad, or just want to feel completely and utterly confused, play Trivia Pursuit that was made in another country 😊.
Sunday was really calm, I basically slept in, did some reading, wave two of essay's and assignments is coming up, and that's that. I hope everyone back at home is well, and not buried in the snow. Have I mentioned that there are flowers coming up here? Little purple, blue, and white things are popping up all over!
All the best,
Max


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



27th February 2008

gorgeous!
I'd like to live in that building. I think all of us might be able to fit in there. Big brother Edinborough. Miss you! xoxomim
28th February 2008

Brrrrrrrr
Maaaaaxxxxxx! Did you say FLOWERS? This time of year, they are probably crocuses. ENJOY THEM. Here is what you are missing in Iowa: cold, snow, ice, snow, cold, snow, ice, snow, brief 10 minute glint of sunshine, snow, cold, ice....aaaaaand snow. You get the idea.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb