Back to Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we went back to see more sights in Edinburgh before heading on down to Liverpool. It started out as a cool, breezy and sunny(!) day. Of course there would be times of heavy rain through the day, but it really was one of our better weather days.
We went to 'Edinburgh Dungeon', which is a entertainment attraction where you are thrown into a dungeon and subjected to the various horrors - very theatrical and funny for the most part. Celia almost soiled herself on several occaisions.
Then, on to the Royal Mile - the street with Edinburgh Castle at the top and ends at the bottom with the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Queen's official residence when she is in Scotland. We were very excited to see this, but it was closed because the darn Queen was actually there! Andrea and Celia tried to call the Queen on her mobile to explain that it was us, and she should ring us in straight away - but they forgot her number. Oh well.
So we wandered about the Royal Mile, then took a city tour bus to see the other sights of Edinburgh. Had lunch at a quaint and very small tea room in the city.
Finally, we headed back to car and southward to Liverpool. Arrived there late after stopping for dinner, and we can tell you that Liverpool is quite an interesting and busy place close to midnight on a Saturday night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb