If it's not Scottish....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
July 6th 2014
Published: July 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in the lovely city of Glasgow early yesterday morning. The hotel was a little off the beaten trail, but was quite nice in its old fashioned sensibility. The baggage was stored in the hotel lobby and we took to the streets of Rutherglen (the 'burbs).

One of the first stops was 'The Pound Store', where we had out first taste of the UK fare. Jaffa Cakes and Derbyshire Toffee. The next stop was a restaurant where Adam had his first fish and chips (on the island). We continued to wander and came across a church that stood out. There was activity there so we headed over to check it out. We were warmly greeted by a group of parishoners who were excited and proud to show us the grounds and inside the church and explain the transformation that the church had undergone from an overgrown vagrant hangout to a pristine and well manicured community gathering place. Later in the day we embarked on a journey to central Glasgow. It was quite the hike, but around halfway there we stopped to look at an old cemetery, some of the gravestones being from the early 1800's. Down town Glasgow was bustling that that evening.









After waking up from the long and needed sleep we departed the hotel for the train station. Inside the large and busy building we bought tickets for a train headed to Edinburgh. After stopping at our new accommodations we toured the city seeing many grand structures and statues, such as Edinburgh Castle. After eating many meals out, we bought groceries and made dinner in our fully-serviced apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb