A Wonderful Visit with Friends in Forres, Scotland - July 29-30, 2022


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire
August 28th 2022
Published: August 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

We had a wonderful trip further north in Scotland to Forres where our friends, George and Heather, live. We first met them in Botswana years ago and have caught up with them a couple of times since then, but the last was in 2013 while we were in London. It is so much nicer to visit a place when you have local knowledge of the area. Even though so much time had elapse, we didn’t have any problem picking up where we left off and enjoyed seeing various places near them.

Having been to a few cities on this trip so far and visiting the sights that they have to offer, it was a wonderful change to be with friends where we could relax in their lovely home, have enjoyable meals together and take in the scenery of this area on the various walks that we took together. Both Heather and George know the area well and are very involved with numerous conservation/educational efforts in the area. With their knowledge they shared much that we would not have known from “just driving through” this area. It is a wonderful way to learn more about a place that you visit.

The weather has been exceptionally warm recently in the UK, but fortunately the hottest of them we escaped as we have been in Scotland where it has been very pleasant. It was perfect weather for the numerous walks that we took with our friends.

We know that we have touched only a very small part of Scotland on this trip, but know that it is a beautiful area and we will need to plan to go back to visit more of this magnificent country. After having traveled around for almost a month away from Turkey, these few days with George and Heather were a timely and welcome break with lovely walks, enjoying the wonderful scenery and best of all catching up with great friends. Thanks go out to George and Heather for providing us a lovely place to stay, show us a bit of their part of the world and renew our long-term friendship in person!

We will see at least a little more of Scotland on our train ride from here to Liverpool, England where we will stop on our way south as we have another cat sitting commitment starting on August 3rd. It is hard to believe we have been in the UK for a month now – time is going by fast, but looking forward to exploring other new areas to us in the month ahead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Our Friends Have a Wonderful GardenOur Friends Have a Wonderful Garden
Our Friends Have a Wonderful Garden

this is only part of where they have to relax & enjoy
An enjoyable visit to BurgheadAn enjoyable visit to Burghead
An enjoyable visit to Burghead

with its active fishing boats
Believe It Or Not - this is a 2 Way RoadBelieve It Or Not - this is a 2 Way Road
Believe It Or Not - this is a 2 Way Road

just one may have to back up or find a pull off
The Views Reminded Us of the AdirondacksThe Views Reminded Us of the Adirondacks
The Views Reminded Us of the Adirondacks

with its lovely walks and streams
This Walk Was Close to Our Friends HouseThis Walk Was Close to Our Friends House
This Walk Was Close to Our Friends House

what a wonderful way to spend our time together


Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.1035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb