Cheers to Scotland!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire
September 13th 2018
Published: September 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

As we left the beautiful isle of Skye,even though it was cloudy, misty, hi-50’sF, our next destination: Laggan. This was our ‘wing-it’ B&B that reservations were made Tuesday night. We were pleasantly surprised how nice the accommodations were; cozy, comfy bed, common lounge area, as we visited with other guests, and a toasty cast iron fireplace. Awaiting for us in our room were fresh homemade shortbread cookies. Yum!!! Fiona and Simon were 1st rate owners with a fabulous Scottish breakfast. Earlier that afternoon,we traveled northeast to Newtonmore to stop at the 125 yr old golf course, which would have been challenging to play because of the winds. We shared a hamburger and chips as we visited with the lovely lady who managed the club. What a delight, she even had family in Columbus ! Thursday, was a lovely partly sunny day...YES, SUN! Great day to drive back to Edinburgh, but were fortunate enough to find some charming walks and hikes along the way.
Relaxing in Edinburgh this afternoon, ready to head out Friday morning. What an adventure, charming people, new foods for us, best salmon ever,ever, spectacular landscape,rainbows and the preservation of historic buildings etc. Amazing! Cheers to Scotland and thank you for traveling with us.





Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement


Newtonmore Golf courseNewtonmore Golf course
Newtonmore Golf course

Season is closing, but the club was open
B&B-Rumblie guest houseB&B-Rumblie guest house
B&B-Rumblie guest house

Breakfast in the sunroom
B&B breakfastB&B breakfast
B&B breakfast

Cheese,marmalades,cereals,rhubarb chutney








Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb