JUST BACK FROM ARRAN!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Buteshire » Isle of Arran
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I was able to visit the most beautiful place in the UK again very recently... just returned from a stay on Arran.

I can highly recommend the meals at the Kinloch Hotel in Blackwaterfoot - scrummy! Also the Indian Restaurant in Lamlash is great too... and the Lagg Hotel is good also.

Pity the Castle at Brodick is so expensive but there you go... That's the National Trust for you. Items in their shop were over and above the asking price elsewhere too; the Arran cheeses were nearly half as much again there, as they were in the other shops on the island.

The peacefulness of Arran has to be seen to be believed - the feeling of being well away from the rat race certainly hits you. The only time there is much traffic on the road is when the ferry arrives; what puzzled us, was... the rest of the time, where does all that traffic go, because you can drive round the island and only meet a few cars once you leave Brodick and Lamlash.

As for the Arran Malt.... mmm... I'll be back!

Would love to hear from anyone else who loves Arran too.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb