'Twas the night before Christmas.. Well week


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Angus » Dundee
December 21st 2005
Published: January 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Christmas FeastChristmas FeastChristmas Feast

Look what we created.. Are you proud of us mums?
After waving goodbye to Italy we boarded our plane - destination Scotland - home of the knickerless kilt wearers, haggis and Billy Conolly. Also the place where we were to meet up with Paula, Aaron and Bridie to stay in our cottage to celebrate the Christmas week.

After meeting up with the guys our first task was to find the cottage.. With Aaron driving and lauren as our map girl it seemed easy enough as it was only 45 minutes out of Edinburgh. Well supposedly 45 minutes away. In actuality it was more like 2 1/2 hours and with 5 people plus luggage packed, and I mean packed, into our tiny Micra hire car we were happy to see the sign for Kirkmill Cottage - our home for the next week.

Second task was to organise our Christmas dinner and head to Tesco to shop for the week. Relatively painful and mum & dad will be happy to know we bought fruit and vegetables. Was Lauren and I's first taste of home cooking in a month too. Mmmmmm.

Christmas day was good and we cooked up a feast that we were ver proud of. Bridie had organised a
Looking good on Chritmas dayLooking good on Chritmas dayLooking good on Chritmas day

Out the front of Kirkmill Cottage
Secret Santa so everyone had something to open on the day. As for the rest of you we will be looking forward to opening all our presents when we get home... There may even be a couple we have bought for people too. Just got to decide whose naughty or nice...

Well as for the rest of our time there all we can say is Scotland is soo beautiful and the photos really tell the story so we won't go into everything too much. We went for a drive to Stirling and saw their castle and visited the William Wallace monument, where we climbed 250 narrow spiral steps to the top. It was freezing!

Anyway since we are behind in our blogs I think I have forgotten some of the things we have done. Memory like a sieve I tell you.. Oh well. Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and until Inverness - unless we get eaten by the Loch Ness monster - This is Lauren and Jacki signing off.

Oh crap my memory is soo bad I almost forgot that little thing we do at the end of every blog.

The Five Things We Have Learnt So Far




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Cold cold Christmas dayCold cold Christmas day
Cold cold Christmas day

Just look at the steam!!
Over the rainbowOver the rainbow
Over the rainbow

We actually saw both sides of this rainbow but didnt find the pot of gold :(
William Wallace MonumentWilliam Wallace Monument
William Wallace Monument

We walked the 250 narrow stairs to the top! Very cold!
View from the topView from the top
View from the top

Well of the monument that is..
Scone CastleScone Castle
Scone Castle

or Scon Caaaaassell as we would say in Oz
Ready for my closeupReady for my closeup
Ready for my closeup

Lauren after I attacked her hair with the GHD and her face with my makeup.
Extreme makeoverExtreme makeover
Extreme makeover

I wanted what Lauren got!


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb