Long Drive


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 54.9981, -7.30934

Today we left Kilcolgan for the drive to Derry. Karen had an early appointment so she told us last night what to do about the keys and the doors when we were ready to leave. Philip got the car packed (I think with Grizzly's help), and we were on our way.

The driving today was over mostly nice two-lane roads. At one point, the gps told us to take off the highway for more rural roads. We did that not realizing what was happening at first, but corrected ourselves within a couple of miles. She continued telling us to turn around or take other rural roads, but we ignored that and stayed on the highway. After restarting the gps a couple of times, she finally caught up and was helpful getting through Derry. She didn't take us to the entrance to the parking garage that I had asked for, but we saw the apartment office and an empty parking place nearby, so we took it.

Check-in for the Hogg and Mitchell apartments was a snap. Allan practically met us at the door, grabbed our keys, and walked us to the apartment right around the corner from the office. We have
Flat 2 which is on the first floor up. We unloaded the luggage and brought it inside the apartment before moving the car to the parking garage. Allan showed us where it is.

After getting settled in, we attempted to walk to the tourist information centre. We got probably very close to it, but turned around when it seemed we had left the tourist area and were in someplace not particularly safe-looking. We will find it tomorrow. After dinner at Brown's in Town (which was wonderful), we found the local tourist information brochures in the apartment building. We have scoped out some sights to see tomorrow on the map starting at the central library. The McDevitt's most likely came to America from here, and we hope to find more information about them while we are here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb