Right is wrong, left is right


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 26th 2012
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Beatles TourBeatles TourBeatles Tour

You can have one of these gates hand-crafted for your driveway!!!
Note to self...

Self,

Never plan a full day of sight-seeing culminating in a four-hour, wrong-side of the road drive when you have a ten-hour international flight, having only slept three to four hours in the last twenty-four.

Sincerely,

Self

If you think driving on the left side of the road isn't that difficult try this little exercise. Close your eyes and envision pulling out of a parking space or driving through a round about.

It was a great idea in theory. Liverpool, home of the Beatles, was only "30 minutes" drive from Manchester, England. We could just "swing" over for a quick look. The tour was great but the drive to our accommodations in Northern England was one of the most perilous four hours of my life.

We had to stop twice for caffeine injections and I don't consume caffeine. All was not lost though. Our destination was a spectacular 18th century castle with the biggest, deepest, most enjoyable bath ever. If you are a tall person of stature like me you know that when you take a bath you have the option of legs submerged or torso submerged, not both at the same time. I hope that I never have a bath so satisfying. I never want to pay the cost of that incredibly long day again.

Brian


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

10pm sunset10pm sunset
10pm sunset

It doesn't get dark until well after 11pm, though they only have four hours of sunlight in the winter.


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb