Durham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 15th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Weather Report

Little Change … overcast with sun eventually breaking through. A little less humid.
Set off for Durham arriving shortly before 830. parked in the park and Ride and took the bus (£1.70 !!!!) into city centre.

Wandered through the small centre taking some pics although this is very much an area ruined by traffic. Get it out !!!!! Walked along the more peaceful river bank and then onto the cathedral which of course I have visited many times.

Photos not allowed - I guess you can appreciate their reason so I paid the £3 and walked the 309 steps up to the top of the tower - excellent all round views of the city and surrounding area. Good photos of the castle - saved me visiting it !

Found my way back to the car and drove the short distance to Washington Wildfowl trust Wetlands. Free entry as I’m a member. Spent a copy of hours wandering around and managed to take some good photos.

Eventually headed off for Lowes Barn Bank where cousin Helen (and David !) reside. Enjoyable company and meal. Watched the England game - abysmal. Support started to drift to T and T but eventually England scrambled a win. Not impressed.

Pleasant evening and returned to site about 10pm.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb