Sun at last (with a bit of snow)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
March 16th 2010
Published: March 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in The Forest of Bowland - between Preston and Lancaster - at a beautiful site, BROADGATE FARM, the scenery was spectacular, snow capped fells and the welcome lovely. We were provided with an information pack containing lots of info and maps, amazing. The sun came out as we arrived and stayed until we left ten days later, we even managed to take our hats off a couple of times. We climbed the two fells shown in the photo - Parlick (432m) and Fair Snape (510m) this nearly killed us and we couldn’t find the path back down because of the snow - all too much for some of us who had to have a little lie down. The sun bought out the silly side of Trevor, who couldn’t resist the rope swing over the River Brock. We were out all day every day, and are on a mission to find the best picnic spots in the areas we stay in. During this stay we picnicked by the canal and river in Garstang, two aqueducts, the top of the fells and various rivers in the middle of nowhere. It’s great being out in the fresh air exploring all day, and only three punctures so far (one each for the bikes and the car decided to join in). Only disappointment of our stay (apart from Trev not falling in) was Blackpool - the only thing I can think of to say about it is great beach and now we’ve been we don’t have to go again!
We are learning a lot about farming, all the sites we use are farm sites, usually with a lot of sheep (some wearing fancy dress) and a few cows. As we go further north the hills get bigger and the scenery better - hopefully we will get fitter so that we can get up the hills.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb