Day 8- Church Minshull-Ludlow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 12th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at 7am and blue sky! Legs were out for the first time of the tour and the wind speed was low. This is going to be a good day. It was just that apart from a ridiculous steep hill at Much Wenlock. It was so steep we had to avoid the mountaineers going up and down it! Gabe also decided to ask locals the directions after his experience yesterday, you'd have thought it was a good idea apart from these locals didnt know where their own feet were.

Joe's folks (Colin And Tessa) and better half (Amy) met us at the finish and officially releaved Gabe of the back up duties so he can now be fully focussed on the cycling and not everything else aswell. Great job Gabe, you supported us brilliantly through some of the most hostile conditions we have ever experienced and we would not have been physically or mentally able to get as far as we have without you. A big thanks again from us all. Gabe........ Gabe............ Has anyone seen him? Oh, he has not quite made it to Ludlow yet as some local has sent him to back over the hill in the opposite direction!!!

Sarah, Charlie, Jessica, Fiona, Josh, Mo, Ray, Martin, Julia and Sammy were all also there to meet us at Ludlow and most our now going to follow us down and through the Southwest. It was great to see you all and thanks again from all of us for your support.

Tomorrow we are going through the Wye Valley and over bridge and through Bristol. Weather forecast is excellent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb