Brighton and Greenwich


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We took the train to the the english seaside- Brighton, to visit Liz and James! ( Chris's rellies in law).It was great to catch up with them and they were fabulous tour guides, showing us all the sites. Apparently we must have brought the good weather because the sun never stopped shining, which is somewhat of a rarity according to the locals. We took a stroll down to our first pebble beach and those pebbles definitely give your feet a pounding, its supposed to be atherapeutic massage. We'll take white sand any day thanks, no wonder the english love our beaches. We then continued on to see the old burnt out pier and took a walk down the newer pier,taking in the seaside from the relaxed spot of a deck chair. Liz showed me the great shops and stores- finally some great girly shopping! We then got taken for a lovely organic lunch at bills followed by a traditional English devonshire tea -our first! James got us hooked on earl grey tea and we were served a delicious gourmet dinner by them both.

We bid a sad farewell to them both the next day but set off to see Madeleine and Helen. We stopped off on the way to see the Museum of Natural history, for the scientist in the group and the Freud museum, for the psychologist in the group. We also stopped for a quick lunch in Trafalgar square to chill out with the pigeons and lions. We met madeline at the Greenwich train stop and she took us on a wonderful historic tour of her local village, including a stop at the Greenwich mean time line. We made our way to their flat and got to have a lovely cup of tea and catch up with helen-sharing many a sophie story ( chris' beautiful baby niece). We were very spoilt and got another exquisite english home cooked meal. We bid another sad farewell to helen and madeliene, but no to the london weather. We hear the bagpipes playing- onward to Scotland!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb