Bath and Stonehenge


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Decided to have a tour of the English countryside so we took a bus tour to Bath and Stonehenge. First stop was bath, where, as the name suggests there are plenty of baths-roman baths that is from ancient times.

The pools looked a little bit too green and sickly to have have a dip so we decided against it. After exploring the baths and roman artefacts we made our way through the cobbled stoned back alleys, seeing the many pig statues along the way. We also stopped by the bath abbey where we saw the vaults and walked over the graves of people buried within the church from the 1500's- creepy. We were then onward to Stonehenge (apparently there's a better and accessible henge in Avenbury or A something), which was a bit of a letdown as weren't allowed on the rocks, archaeologists were digging around it and it was right near a major highway. It was a lot smaller than you'd think but it is still pretty impressive that people managed to drag those huge rocks about- my theory is that its a temple to the fertility gods, chris' is aliens put them there, or a scam by the english tourism authority - the truth is out there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb