Your Head's Not As Spherical as it Used To Be...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
December 8th 2006
Published: December 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

First, where are we now? Well, we're currently in Perth, in an Internet Cafe, only been here for 2 days but seems a lot longer, you'll probably understand why when you've finished reading the entries!

We left Ipswich in wet and windy conditions at 5am and arrived successfully at Heathrow in plenty of time for our 12:05 flight. The intended plan of having no sleep the previous night was evident in some...Steve had none, Shelden had none, RC had an hour, I had 1 & half, Ben took advantage of 7. Any fear of this depressing us was soon put to bed once we had seen Shelden's passport photo (we're in the process of attempting to get this posted here, well worth it), for those who have seen his driving license, it is worse! It also brings us onto the blog title, which Steve used to sum up the difference between Shelden Passport and Shelden Now.

Right, so we took off, a tailwind ensured our flight was just the 11 hours rather then 12 so, wouldn't take that long, and with the lack of sleep we had all had the previous night we sleep through it anyhow...WRONG! I think I managed an hour so, to entertain the 11 hours we were able to play an interactive game using the TV embedded in the seats in front, the particular favourite of the group was ScrambleDash an anagram game which required you to rearrange words into the correct order, the beauty of this game was that it could be played against other flyers and held a top ten score from all flights...the leader when we boarded had 3800 points and had sat in seat 51C, the same as mine...at the end of the flight seat 51C was still top although this time it was with 3950 points, possibly the most greatest achievement of my life so far!

So we got to Hong Kong on time...

Got to go now, sorry for lack of photos, cameras packed up already will work on that situ, will fill you in on the rest when have more time...

Advertisement



11th December 2006

And........
Pleased to know you have arrived safe. have you decided to abide by the old adage in the entertainment world of - 'always leave the audience wanting more!!!' Let me know if I can post the photo at the airport on here. Looking forward to the next - longer - installment.
11th December 2006

cricket
no truth to the rumour that d. martyn retired due to the fact that he was out to ashley giles or was it that he didnt want to field on the boundry near to 5 lads from ipswich. lads since you been gone we have 3 murders maybe 2 more a shooting and a stabbing well life quiet here(by the way richard ,letch has disappeared we dont know if connected.0
14th December 2006

Hi Guys, Its great it hear you are all having a good time, I am sure the castlemaine and Fosters tastes much better over there!, Its nice to have regular updates, a bit like receiving all the e-mails at work !. Keep them coming aswell as enjoying the great sights and the improving cricket ! I have never been asked to escort so many women to their cars in a week after work because of recent events, i do try and see if they are interested!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb