Day 3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Worcestershire
September 3rd 2006
Published: September 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

A good day today. We've now covered just over 300 miles in 3 days. They've been long days - we've been on the road around 8AM every day but haven't arrived at any of our destinations before 7PM - and some have been harder than others (see Day 2).

Today we crossed over the Severn Bridge (see photo), briefly dipped into Wales, and then on through the Wye Valley, passed Tintern Abbey and the Monmouth raft race, and into Herefordshire. We had a lovely lunch stop in Monmouth as Rob's wife, Vix, and their 3 lovely children came to meet us.

We are now being very well looked after by Simon's Uncle Willy and Auntie Sarah (who are very kindly putting us up tonight) and are treating us to wine, dinner, a clothes washing service and a neck and back massage. Bliss after 3 days on the road. Thanks very much!

Stats for the day:
Distance - 96.45miles
Saddle time - 6.45 hours
Average speed - 14.2 mph
Max - 46.9 mph (record is Andy on Day 2 at 49.0 mph!)

Advertisement



3rd September 2006

sunshine band
OK - so it's' taken me 3 days to learn how to send a message (I wonder who got the others....). Almost 1/3 of the way through already and you all look remarkably relaxed... the team here (7 at last count) are most impressed. xx
4th September 2006

Grumpy Simon
Simon you look very Grumpy in every photo so far....
4th September 2006

September 2 comment
Heading west from Taunton to Wiveliscombe at 5 pm. on Saturday, who should we see flying around the bend towards us, but 5 joggers. from the smile on Rob's face, they had clearly been in the pub at lunchtime and were racing to make up for lost time. we are thrilled that you have made up for lost time, the weather looked dreadful on Saturday, and we will be reading your dailies avidly. Best wishes to all of you and may you break wind softly.
4th September 2006

The awful smell
Your wife said you all smelt quite rank when she came to cheer you on. I wasn't suprised. Keep yer rings lubed and for gods sake change your pants regularly - your private parts are already in decline from year 35 onwards and at least one of you has unfinshed business. Tight chains!!!
4th September 2006

Wheelies
Good to see you have all packed your Lunch Boxes, keep it up boys! But seriously, great job it must be amazing fun. Pull a wheelie for me!
6th September 2006

You and Us
Simon and commrades... good to hear that you are out enjoying the sun now and that things are going well. We look forward to seeing Simons more honed physique on the dance floor soon - but hopefully not too much of it (as per usual). Bonne chance.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb