Swindon


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Swindon
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a rather relaxed day to try to recover from our very hectic Monday. We went to Uffington to see a 374-foot-long limestone drawing of a horse carved into a hillside approximately 3700 years ago: The Vale of the White Horse. It was really neat but I couldn't find a decent angle to photograph it. The views of the valley from there were spectacular.
Next it was off to Dorchester-on-Thames, a little town with a church that was very pretty.
Back at our 'hotel', we had a laundry dilemma - no laundrettes in town or anywhere nearby. (laundrette = laundromat). The nice people here at the hotel finally convinced us we could use their washer and dryer, and we (mostly Allison) spent the rest of the night doing laundry ... very slow dryers.
Also, everyone was warming up to the place - it is much cuter in the daytime, and everyone is very pleasant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th July 2007

Laundry
Ah yes, the joys of laundry while on the road. I agree that local laundrettes (or Lavendaria in Italy) are the solution. You were lucky that the hotel folks allowed you to use their laundry. We once made the mistake of having "a little laundry" done at a hotel, and the bill came to $75.00, and this was almost 20 years ago.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb