the UK blues.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Yorkshire
September 20th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

alright, so the UK. i'm not going to make this entry too long, as i'm actually not in the best state of mind about being in this part of the world right now.

first impressions;

british people are: boring, sterile, rigid, unfriendly.
british weather is: absolutely fucking freezing.
toshi is: being a complete bitch due to a combination of both the weather and the people and her seeming inability to just give up her stories about these two things and make this location work for her.

so yah, the UK pretty much sucks. from what i can see, people are never real with each other, everything is beautiful on the outside but not so on the inside. the sky is pretty much grey all the time, or even when the sun decides to grace us with its presence, the blistering wind ensures that the experience is anything but enjoyable. to be honest, i really wish i had just gotten discovery channel and watched a doco on the UK rather than actually coming here. why people suggest this as a destination for backpackers i have no idea. just a word of advice for anyone coming here. don't. go somewhere where people are actually interested in more than their bloody rose bushes and whose teenage daughter got pregnant first.

all i can say is, thank god i have a ticket booked for next week to go to france. i can only hope that that experience will be more rewarding than this one. honestly, if it continues like this i'm totally packing up and finding a new part of the world to be in. maybe india? haha.

anyway, i'm sorry this entry has been a total offload, but my disappointment on how this stint of the journey is turning out are pretty intense. im sure things can only go uphill from here.

i love you all, i miss australia and the sun and the friends. and the music. and my beautiful house.

see you all soon. big love. xx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb