Graduation!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Yorkshire » Leeds
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Now this is becomeing more of a diary but i wanted to write something about how graduation coz i want to remember everything! It was such a lovely day. What with P2P i kind of hadnt thought about it....apart from my lack of outfit. Turns out on the day i was well excited. It began with me banning dad from wearing his jeans and him changing into his green chariity shop trousers reluctantly, coming back downstairs dragging his heels like Kevin the bloody teenager! When we got there and started seeing everyone, Sarah, Laura and the Malaysia girls it was brilliant. Bizarre really, i just never thought of actually getting to this point! Randomly real nervous though, had to have a little drink beforehand to osteady the old nerves!

Anyway, the ceremony thing was....erm, long but i have no doubt mum succeeded to cry through it all. She was sniffing when i had been getting changed that morning, so i guarantee it was full blown when i was on the stage! We did all the photos and that afterwards and everything went swimmingly apart from a minor dropping a hat on my head incident...
Headed back to the hotel, gave little one a revamp with all my bloody clothes (!) and then went out that night. This is actually getting a bit repetitive coz all im saying is it was lovely but ...yea. Went to Las Iguanas and met Aoife, Rach and Rafika and their families. Just felt really realy lucky to have such close mates that i know inside out and celebrate this with them. Lots of funny stuff happened but it was just so nice for our families to meet and all that. Me and Eef ended up going for one last drink at QPQ where salsa was on and saying hello to everyone. Managed a couple of dances given that my shoes were agony (I battled on...) and then we headed back. I know I wil be mates with Aoife for a long time and its just so good to know that.

So things are exciting at the minute. Got little trips like camping in wales and a weeek travelling in Ireland with Dan, all before Africa so lots of sorting out to do. I dunno, i think i was subconsciously a bit worried for the past few weeks about where everything was going and my lack of steadiness but now something feels different. Im quite happy to go exploring for a few more months and then come back and see where i am. Dunno if its seeing people at grad and realising how dire the job situation is (!), or just being reminded i've got such a lovely, strong base it doesnt really matter or just a combination of things. But all is well. Life is good!

Last night was real nice too, just had a few drinks with Sam, Marcus and thier mate in the living room, playing Uno and chase the Ace. just good to just take time and chill out with them, instead of always rushing to the next thing. Jeez louise i sound like my dad. But think i've picked that up from Norm too, its a better way of looking at things.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.357s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb