Arrived in England and Shoreham by Sea


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Sussex
November 28th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Heathrow Airport, London at 5am on Wednesday morning. It was 2 degrees when we left the airport and I was absolutely freezing!



We were picked up by Rob (a family/work friend) and then driven to our flat in Shoreham by Sea,



which is just outside Brighton and a typical English seaside town. The drive was really beautiful, with the passing English landscape and forest setting in the pre-dawn light.
After settling into the flat, we went across the road to Sommerfield, which is kind of like Woolworths, except it sells alcohol and you have to pack your own groceries. It was heaps of fun to explore the foreign food products and packaging. Later that day we went for a walk around the little shops and steamy cafés in Shoreham and had Famous Moe’s Pizza for tea, which was a little weird (my vegetarian pizza was topped with just cheese, green capsicum and corn).
The people are great though, as soon as they hear our Australian accents they want to know are life story. Ahaha it gets your groceries packed too 😉

Today we explored the streets of Shoreham and browsed the many eclectic op-shops and brick-a-brack stores. We then drove to Marks and Spencers and Tescos (which is the biggest grocery store I have ever seen).


Ashleigh - a Pepper Pig Cake at Tescos!!!

M&S is one of the best places I have ever been! The food is just amazing, with isle after isle of different and unusual food products.

Tomorrow we are driving to Cambridge for a day trip, hopefully we will see some snow soon!



Advertisement



29th November 2008

Hello!
Yay jess you made it there safely :) sounds like you have seen so much already! believe me im impressed with that cake...deffs wish i could get one of those. I have lots to tell you already aaahhh the stories. I'll be writing you an email soon, but it will be no where near as exciting as ur adventures. love you lots xx p.s you look sooo cute in that photo standing under the purple lights. i love ur coat!

Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb