We're here!


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!
Well, we arrived in England and are safe and sound. Seems almost unreal waking up with just Matt and I overseas. The Clough family has taken us in and have already done a lot for us. We have only been here 2 days and are already having a great time. The family all took off work to hang out with us so our schedule is full of things to do. Today was our 'cultural day', and we spent most of it in Stratford-Upon-Avon, which is the birthplace of William Shakespear. We drove through a few old towns and got to see much of the the old English architecture. Tomorrow is sort of a chill out day and Friday will be the grand tour of London. Matt and I are having a hard time trying to get used to the driving situation they have here but are slowly warming up to it. We also seem to be picking up the English accent already and learning a few words. The weather is has been 'dodgy' with a variety of hail, rain and sunshine, but were loving every minute of it. The local pubs have a certain sense of cozyness (not a word?...it is now). They are all filled with nice people who all know each other and seems like each has their own type of 'bitter' (a type of beer I have seemed to fall in love with and will dearly miss!). Anyways its getting late so i should hit the hay. Thanks for reading and i already miss you all back home!
-Nathan

P.S.
Once i warm up to this blog ill be able to post pictures and all that good stuff so maybe by the next post?


Advertisement



31st May 2007

miss you...
"seems almost unreal waking up with just Matt..." haha, love it! i'm glad this thing is finally working.
31st May 2007

woo-hoo
glad to see you are having fun!! and i am sure you will miss the bitters but the states have great beer too!!
31st May 2007

I have some friends over there. A few from the British Marines. They are gonna find you and show you guys a real good time. >.>
31st May 2007

finally
geeze its been like what 3 days i was worried lol nah im still just jelous. i hope you guys have fun and hurry up with those pictures

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb