Wintery Beach Weekend at Selsey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Sussex » Chichester
January 21st 2013
Published: January 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

I was hoping for a weekend of bright blue skies and sunshine, but we got snow on our winter beach weekend in Selsey. Which was just as lovely!

Mum and Dad who are over visiting for January and took the family away for a long weekend. As the weekend approached it became clear it really was going to be a wintery weekend with snow storms hitting right across Europe. Rather lucky we hadn't booked anything that needed a plane ride and that we weren't going north as we would not have left London. In the end our trains were only delayed around 90mins on the way down and back so not too bad considering. The beach house we stayed at was perfect, 4 rooms, 3 bathrooms and a large dinning/living space. It was called Lands End Selsey and that is was on a point looking directly out to see and then down the long peddle beach. We spent the weekend relaxing, walking in the snow on the beach and enjoying family meals ... and maybe a game of Pictionary, where no one proved to be exceptionally good at drawing. We finished the weekend with a lovely breakfast in the small town of Chichester before a very pretty train ride home with snow blanketing the country side.

PHOTOS

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb