Thai trip - Overview


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Sutton Coldfield
February 21st 2010
Published: February 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Did I mention we were going on our jollies?

Our primary reason for compiling this blog was for friends and family to keep up with us and to share our experiences, but of course we hope that fellow travellers enjoy our entries too.

It's currently February 21st and there's snow on the ground in our hometown. In just over a week we'll be in the tropics. Excellent.

We've been planning this trip for a few months now and have conducted a lot of research and changed our itinerary a dozen times. We've finally made the decision to stick to Bangkok, Samui, Koh Pha Ngan and Phuket with a few little off-shoots in between. Maybe we're a bit old and sad in making all these preps in advance and plans to follow the typical tourist trail but, at the end of the day, we're kinda short on time, Thailand is a large and disparate place and tourists we be. Some attempts have also been made to learn some of the Thai language. That should prove amusing.

Our budget is somewhere between backpack and flashpack, locations somewhere between manic mayhem and utter seclusion.

Rob has been pre-warned to keep a check on his potential tantrums and to smile when he's bartering. I need to kerb my occasional* moaning and make sure I don't forget my tweezers.

I can soon stop using my weekends to research and put down the Lonely Planet book and highlighter pen. We'll attempt daily updates on our experiences, recommendations, don't bother's, ailments (of course), the number of times the words 'ping pong' leave the lips of Rob and the ratio of Moo's attempts at spoken Thai actually understood by locals (and vice versa).

Apologies in advance to The Mums for any colourful language or improper behaviour seen on these pages.

See you in a few days, Thailand!!

M & R
x

*regular

Advertisement



3rd March 2010

Found you!
I bet you thought you'd escaped by omitting to text me the web address but in cyberspace there is no place to hide! Hope you are enjoying your customary upgrade or freebie - never known you get what you paid for yet! Have fun!

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb