Hello Oliver!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Stourbridge
April 14th 2013
Published: April 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It’s been a funny old week with sadness that after 6000 miles, over £1500 GBP in fuel and seven weeks of travel we have said Goodbye to Georgie……



Woolly says – I was very sad to wave bye bye to Georgie and as I wiped a tear away I tried to find my new seat in Oliver. Oliver joined us on Friday and much in the way that we choose Georgie we climbed in and out of quite a few vehicles, checked their engines, brakes and admired their bodywork, after several train journeys, bus rides and quite a few miles of walking we found HIM!!!! Oliver is a cool green and has loads of space in his Honda CVR 4 x 12 insides, with lots of pockets to store my things in, Ian was overjoyed to find a table for us to use in the huge boot, he is still making discoveries by the minute! My seat is proving a problem, Jo and Ian have there’s but mine will have to be adapted so that I can see out as we travel, another job for Ian to do. With our plans changing we will be off on the road again on Monday, with two tents (3 if you count mine!), a two man pop up and a six man for stays longer than one night and for when Zoe or Dave come to join us. We have a small cooker and most of what was in Georgie except we are leaving the DVD’s behind this time and we still need to acquire several buckets!!!! We are taking the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk this time (I wonder if there is a world record for the most ferries travelled on in a month!) and will continue our journey heading back up the coast of France into Belgium, the big difference other than cost of running will be the ability to get to the places we want to see instead of waving at them as we go past or finding we can’t park when we get there and being able to cover much more ground. Europe hold onto your hat……the Mammoth is coming back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th April 2013

No, you can't have sold Georgie and gone back to camping!!!
How are you going to relate to TBers with mobile homes now?!
14th April 2013

Motorhomers will always rule the roads!
We truely loved living in Georgie but with costs and access to places she wasn't able to do what we needed at this point in our travels, we are all so sad and will continue to view our travels with the motorhomers access, sites etc and report back. Hope you keep on following.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb