Merstham, Surrey


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Redhill
October 13th 2017
Published: October 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday, after a slow start with a late breakfast, Jean, Ron and I went out to do some grocery shopping.

After Jo finished work at 1:30, she came over to pick up Jean and I to take us out for dumplings at Wing Yip in Purley. This is a very big restaurant, with a grocery store beside it. It specialises in dumplings like our yum cha, which they sell until 3pm, and they also have an a la carte menu. As it was a very late lunch, we bought a soup home for our tea that night.



Friday morning was spent in the house, playing with Oscar the one-eyed cat and watching birds in the garden and squirrel outside the conservatory.

As it was my final day on Friday, we decided to go out for lunch and I asked for an old fashioned pub with proper English pies. Our first stop was the William IV, where we stopped for a drink, but as it didn’t have a good menu we continued on.



We decided on the Well House Inn in Mugswell, which dates back to the Doomsday Book. It is a very historic pub and a section of the bar was built in 1564. I had a chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, with old fashioned pastry and it was delicious. The whole pub was very atmospheric, with low beams and lots of wood and inglenook fireplaces.





Tomorrow I meet up with Shelley again and we head back to the College for another 2 weeks. Our first course is on Exploring Energy, Energy Management & Mediumship. The second week is Trance Healing 2.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



13th October 2017

Viewing photos
You cannot beat history. Good luck with you next studies.
13th October 2017
171013 15 Lunch Well House Inn

Pub and pub grub
Pub looks good - and food looks like the classic pub fare these days. Notice that the pub was a free house - but you didn't show the beer taps, so I couldn't see what beers are promoted these days! Good to hear you are having a good time - and enjoy the remainder back in Essex. Cheers!
14th October 2017
171013 15 Lunch Well House Inn

I don't know what a free house is or how to tell but I will take photos of the taps for you from now in. ?
14th October 2017

Loved the old pubs especially the Well House Inn which has so much history. Enjoy your last two weeks. Were you able to access the wedding preview on google? MA
15th October 2017

Hi, sorry haven't had a chance. I will have a look when I get back to Australia
25th October 2017

English pubs
Don't you love them.
25th October 2017

I certainly do. The atmosphere is great and they are so friendly, all the locals know each other and they remember us each time

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb