Time flies when your living life...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Taunton
June 28th 2010
Published: June 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Blimey, I had forgotten all about Travelblog and our entries on it whilst we we're travelling back in 2003-05 - how times flies when you live life!

Well, where to start really, wow, lets see if my memory serves me well....

We got back from NZ in 2004 and had plans on continuing our travels, but after both me and Christina getting full time jobs things settled down and we put travel on the back burner.

Around the beginning of 2006 we got fed up of the city and being settled again and decided to move to the country in the South West of England, Cornwall specifically!

We both gained full time employment but again in office jobs, and yet we we're still not happy, so we decided to sell all our possessions and went WWOOF'ing to see where it would take us.

In 2008 we found ourselves at an organic herb farm in Somerset, and there we stayed for about 8 months or so, working hard in sunshine and rain - and it made us realise how much we enjoyed out door work!

We went to pick Apples at an orchard down the road from the herb field so we could earn some money, and then a friend we made mentioned about going to Denmark to harvest Christmast trees.

So off we went over the winter of 2008 to harvest Christmas tree's -- wow that was HARD work!! ... after this we then came back to the UK in Jan 2009 and we contacted the Apple orchard where we had picked Apples at a few months earlier to see if they had any work - and thankfully they did and we did a load of winter pruning on their 40 acres of Apple trees!

After this we were offered full time jobs at the Apple orchard and we've been here for the last year and a half and it's been brilliant!

Now though we have found out about a new working holiday visa for NZ that is available through BUNAC - which has put the cat amongst the pigeons and we now find ourselves with the travel bug again, and are seriously thinking about going back to NZ to do some travelling again.

So, times are exciting, where life takes you no one can know, but as long as you enjoy the journey it's all good!

I'll try to update some posts along the way with what we've been up to over the last few years as I have kept a diary of most of it ... and it'll be me Mike doing it as Christina doesn't really like typing on the laptop as much as I do!!

Until next time, byeeeee!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb