Snow stops travels


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire
January 26th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Snow has left us stranded at our UK base, having planned routes and sites to cover the North of England all plans were put on hold when the weather turned against us.



To starve off boredom and to keep Woolly occupied we headed to the RAF Museum at Cosford.

FREE to enter it really is a full day out, from model planes,planes from WWI, WWII, the Cold War and hundreds of other things to look at, read and try out it provides entertainment for the whole family. There are plenty of picnic areas for the warmer days and food outlets throughout the museum itself. www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/ provides information on special days and holiday activities for the kids.



Woolly says – What a terrific day, I got to play in the interactive zone, go on a simulated flight not to mention finding out lots of information about how planes developed and how the RAF started. It was also great to catch up with Roland Rat and Percy the Penguin in the lucky charms section. I think I would have enjoyed being a pilot!!!!! I had very tired legs by the end of the day and would recommend comfy shoes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb