Team Training - Tenbuy Wells to Leintwardine and back


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire » Ludlow
April 21st 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tenbury to Leintwardine

Outbound route for Saturday 21st April from Tenbury to Sun Inn in Leintwardine via Ludlow.

Additional maps: Leintwardine to Tenbury Wells

Knight RidersKnight RidersKnight Riders

All tooled up and ready to take on any pesky drivers :-)
Well, Saturday was an excellent training day where we managed to get three of our 5 riders together for a 40+ miler around the Shropshire countryside.

We started at Tenbury Wells at 10:30 and headed to Ludlow, about 10 miles over lovely rolling English countryside. Lots of short steep hills! Very good Interval training :-) From Ludlow, we then headed West up Whitcliffe Road, which is a lovely long hill climb (separates the men from the boys), then descended into the next valley before heading to Leintwardine.

In Leintwardine we stopped for lunch at the Sun Inn and received an excellent welcome from the staff and locals. If anyone is ever in the area, I would recommend a stop there. The local ales were excellent and the Venison burgers were to die for, as were the Lamb burgers :-) Not on commission but you can find out more here http://www.suninn-leintwardine.co.uk/ :-)

As it happened there was a St Georges festival going on when we arrived, complete with a little Medieval Fair.

We got some excellent photos of us getting tooled up to face the drivers in Lithuania, pretty poor visibility in those helmets but if they can
Sir AlSir AlSir Al

Ready to slay that Dragon
survive being hit by a broadsword, then they might be worth while :-).

So once we Knight Riders had filled our bellies, we set of on a more southerly route back to Ludlow (via the same lovely climb we descended earlier).

We had a quick cycle around Ludlow Castle and then head back to Tenbury Wells on a more southerly route with some lovely interval training again :-)

We are due to head out to Lithuania in 2 weeks and are feeling fit and ready to get the miles under our belt to raise much needed funds for Rugute.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sir GwilliamsSir Gwilliams
Sir Gwilliams

Joust anyone?


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb