Worst lecture ever!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
December 7th 2005
Published: January 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today I had the worst lecture ever given , particularly on the topic of the Holocaust. The lecturer was really dry and seemed too emotionally attached to be able to detach herself and look at the material as a historian. Plus she kept making really broad claims that she said we could dispute with her but I'm sure half the class had noo idea what she was talking about. I did simply because I had taken a class or two on the Holocaust in depth last year, but in talking to other students about it they also completely missed what was going on and what she was actually getting at. She also refused to cover the topic of genocide. I mean the lecture was suppposed to be on how the Holocaust has shaped the post-war world and its continuing legacy. So when you completely skip over pertinent background info and the debates surroudning it then you're basically just wasting time and energy.

I've also decided that the history department here deals strictly in English history.. if you want to study anything outide the realm of Britain forget it. You won't find classes on the Middle East, Africa, Asia or Latin America. If you want to study the US or Canada in any historical context then you have to go to the American-Canadian Studies deparment and then maybe you'll get a glimpse but nothing's guaranteed. This all makes me really really like our history dept so much more! at least they look at the globe and not just at strictly US history.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb