Caves and waterfalls


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Ingleton
September 23rd 2018
Published: October 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

White Scar Caves and Ingleton Waterfall Trail


Sunday morning after breakfast we set off for Ingleton and the White Scar Caves. We arrived just in time to join the next guided walk whick took us about a mile, mostly following an underground stream. There were a couple of waterfalls, a long section walking above the stream. Some parts were narrow and tight and we were glad of our helmets which frequently hit the roof. There were several interesting formations and our guide told of stories about the cave's discovery.

Then we went to the Ingleton Waterfall Trail, stopping for lunch at the entrance café. This was a beautiful walk starting going upstream along the River Twiss passing the Pecca Falls, Hollybush Spout and up to Thornton Force then leaving the river & heading across the fells past Twisleton Hall. There was an intrepid ice-cream van up the top of a rather stoney track which we obviuosly had to stop at! The path then lead over to the River Doe ad back downstream to the village passing Beezley Falls, Rival Falls, Baxengyhll Gorge and Snow Falls.

Back at the Station house Dad went to look for the other end of the path we missed last night. He found it just along the lane headohmg away over the fields but the bulls in the second field looked rather disapproving so he came back


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb