DAYS 31-34 MALHAM-CALDY


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Wirral
June 18th 2023
Published: June 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post


Robert, Mary, Jane
The highlight of our four-day R&R was Rob’s 80thbirthday celebrations, attended by nearly forty long time friends. Rob is much loved as he received numerous birthday cards prior to the party. The weather God’s turned the sunshine on with all of us seeking shade under the two marquees. The drinks and food flowed freely, and it was the life-long drinking experiences of those in attendance that didn’t see anyone over-do-it. That didn’t mean that the urge wasn’t there! Rob’s speech was humbling as it was humorous and his toast to absent friends did bring a tear to a few eyes. Mary had made sure that all preparations were high class and to her liking. They were.

I have been continually checking the Ashes Test cricket score between two contrasting styles of play between Australia and England. Weather permitting, we are set for a result. Went for a wander to the River Dee that runs by Rob and Mary’s home, to watch the West Kirby Yacht Clubs Father’s Day Regatta. Over 30 small yachts and a handful of kite surfers were enjoying the very favourable conditions for such craft. The river has two large tides per day.

We have enjoyed

Kite surfers riding the breeze
such a relaxing and loving R&R the past 4 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

20230618_11474020230618_114740
20230618_114740

Small yachts from West Kirby Yacht Club.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb