Another day in Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
September 2nd 2015
Published: April 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Another day in Liverpool. A bit of a sleep in after a great night before, then off to breakfast looking over the water.

Looking forward to going on the Sandeman's walking tour of Liverpool again. What a great way to see the area and find out the history of Liverpool. Starting off from St Georges Hall. The Queen Victoria statue of her on a horse is still one of my likes and at the other end is the statue of Prince Albert on a horse also. Across the road we see the Liverpool Empire Theatre. The buildings here are solid and timeless.

We started off on our little jaunt, following around the art gallery and to St Johns Gardens and the Hillsborough memorial. Down Whitechapel street and to the Eleanor Rigby statue. Of course from here we head toward the Cavern Club down Mathew Street. From here we set out the the Liverpool Town Hall - another timeless building built with so much detail. Sighting the Nelson monument in Exchange Flags Square symbolising both prisoners of war and the suffering produced by slavery. We also saw Martin's Bank where they stored the countries gold gold reserve was shipped up from London during WWII and stashed hidden away during the war. From here to the Royal Liver building and the Albert Dock area. I enjoy this walk, and the guide is so full of information, never shy to answer any silly question.

I decided to go to the museum, which was fascinating. So much history and very modern. Once again, another amazing time in Liverpool. One of my favourite places in England.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb