Hanging in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
August 15th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well London, if you call this summer i'm not impressed....!!
Having a great time hanging out with Andrew & Julia. They have a cool 'terraced' house, flating with another couple and 2 sisters. Friday we went for a wander into town and checked out this one street with all the music stores. Poured with rain, so took refuge i in a small baguette shope and had lunch. Went to the soho comedy club that night, brillant 😊 It was a small place, like a quirky old pub, and there were 5 comedians and the host. The host was a crack up, and there were 2 comedians who were brillant. Thought about writing a couple of their jokes here, but just wouldn't come across very well, and probably very offensive and un PC 😊. But they were fantastic. Then this american guy got up, and it turned super ackward... he was using llike the american slapstick humor, like obvious jokes. you're in britain home of great comedy.. he sank.... Felt real sorry for him, as you could tell he was losing it. Then this other guy got up, and he was fairly funny, but then he went for the cell phone of the girl in the front row, not sure if she was texting, or what. We thought at first he was being funny, then he actually wrestled her for it, no joke, went all flustered and finally got it off her. Then he goes 'is this the off button' turned it off and threw it back to her. He was acutally just really angry she was using her phone! from then it was super ackward.....
Food is actually really cheap here, our budgets going well 😊
Yesterday we chilled out at home for quite awhile, then headed to wimbeldon to a spanish place for early tea. Then went to Camden! Very cool place 😊 Its kinda the more alternative scene, the place you find mohawks and sheesha. Went to the Barfly venue to check out some bands. Blue Room & Strange Beast would have kicked their arse! Although it was only one place we went, NZ has some great unsigned music, our bands would do well here i think 😊. The venue was much like the kings arms.
We then wandered around camden, theres like a little venice type place with a canal, and lights in the trees - very cool.
Will came back here tomorrow for the markets, meant to be very good. Now its sunday, and we just hanging at andrew and julias (they've all gone out), and we will be heading to our hotel (who by the way, we cancelled our tuesday night booking, and you have to give 72hrs notice, and i gave 70.5hrs notice and they are still charging us... ahh!). Going to the camden markets, then going on a Jack the Ripper tour tonight!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb