First couple of days


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » London
June 24th 2010
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Got to Heathrow at 5am, nice and early. Customs was a joke. The only customs officer I saw was playing solitare in his office, and wanted nothing to do with me when I wanted to declare stuff.

Took the train to Paddington and had to wait a couple of hours until the hotel opened and we could dump our bags. So we explored until 8am, looking at all the beautiful terraces and sitting in Kensington Gardens watching the birds.

Spent the morning wandering the streets and hit the sack by 1pm. Woke up at 10pm again and it was still light. Not much sleep was gotten after that, especially since the sun rose again at 3:30am.

Day 2:
Got up at 4am and decided to go for a run around Hyde Park. Got to see Tyburn (where they used to string people up to do the Tyburn Jig).
Took the Tube to go and see the Victoria Albert Museum; saw some absolutely amazing pieces from all over the world.
That night we took the Tube right out to Turnham Green to see Mick and Kate and watch the Australia-Serbia game. I made a bit of a faux-pas with the bloke next to me who I thought was a Serb, and would be cheering accordingly. Turned out to be a Croat, and was going to anyone who was playing against Serbia. Australia won, but it wasn't enough to get through....

Four pints, one long tube ride and a few hours sleep later and it was Thursday....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb