Stansted to Darwen, Lancashire


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire
August 7th 2009
Published: August 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Butler's ArmsThe Butler's ArmsThe Butler's Arms

The Butler's Arms Pub near Darwen, Lancashire
Today took us by car from Stansted Airport to stay with Family in Darwen, Lancashire. The drive was an experience. The motorways are filled with Trucks and Semitrailers and along with the locals who drive creatively. After a long drive we arrived at Darwen in the North of England to meet Family, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins.

Our Evening took us to the Butlers Arms for a big family dinner and some wonderful Lancashire hospitality, including some of the local Ale, which this Aussie much enjoyed.

The Butler’s Arms is “somewhere” near Darwen, not sure where as we drove for about 15 minutes down lots of hedge and stone wall lined lanes which seemed like a maze, except to the locals who were fortunately driving. This true English pub had all the cozy warmth I expected, but never get from the facsimiles back home. Lots of true beers and ales on tap, and Fosters which my hosts seems to think Aussies like to drink.

The evening was filled with the warmth of the English spirit, stories and jokes about why Lancashiremen are better than Yorkshiremen, and lots of fun.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb