The long goodbye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire » Preston
August 31st 2011
Published: September 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The BeginningThe BeginningThe Beginning

Preston train station 31/08/11. The start of our epic journey.
The long, long wait is almost over! This moment seemed like a distant dream when 18 months ago Rach and I, sat in the Blackbull, pen and napkin in hand tipsily jotted down an unrealistic list of far flung destinations that we were to journey to by plane, train and automobile. After seemingly a lifetime of planning, re-planning and re-re planning we are now less than an hour away from embarking on our somewhat more realistic yet still ambitious adventure around the world, encompasing 10 countries on 4 continents meaning numerous new stamps in the passport! The bags are packed (minus hair straighteners and high heal shoes), the first part of the journey from Preston to Heathrow is complete and as we sit here watching the planes take off and land the nerves and excitment have set in in equal measure.

Thankyou to everyone for the presents, money and wishes of good luck over the past few weeks. The BBQ night will be rememberd for amongst other things dad and the silly string, the ace DVD put together by Sarah, Tim's left handed double on the black and 'James dancing' to 'set you free' in Roper.

So all that
Jet Airways flight 9W0119V Jet Airways flight 9W0119V Jet Airways flight 9W0119V

Our home for the next 8 hours!
is left to say for now is thankyou again and goodbye. See you all again in 6 months....or on skype or via e-mail or on facebook or on twitter or...........




Advertisement



1st September 2011

1st Reader and Commenter..
Yes that's me, the first reader and commenter of your blog! Best of luck to the both of you! Please post regularly and Mark, look after Rachael pleaaaase! Miss you already! xxxxxxxxxx
2nd September 2011

I miss you too Saraaaahhhh!! And yes Mark's looking after me, especially when we had to wait for over an hour at passport control in Bangkok and I was getting very cross! x x
2nd September 2011

You are on your way.
Just found this bit.Love your blog.There you are now at the very beginning of an exciting adventure.Dad has just arrived so am telling him about our Skype talk.Love mum and dad.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb