Preparation for our bigger adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Sevenoaks
November 27th 2015
Published: November 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Travel GuidesTravel GuidesTravel Guides

Our invaluable guides for the journey.
Sadly we cannot take the Mazda bongo with us. We will have no base vehicle, we will be relying on Trains, Planes and buses. Our accommodation will have to be cheap as we can find. Hostels, motels maybe even a tent!.

When planning a world trip, with such a big canvas, what do you see and what do you leave out?. First it has to be what you instinctively want to see. Ali's was the Great Barrier reef mine was a remote Polynesian island. Initially we wanted to see the Galapagos and Machu Pichu in South America but this would have substantially added to the cost as well as taken a lot of time out of our journey.

For the sake of connecting flights we do have a rough itinerary, but the beauty of this type of travel, within reason, is that we can go where we feel. We will rely on a variety of Lonely Planet guides, which proved useful on our European adventure, a minimum of clothes as we will have backpacks, and the Internet (how did we ever do without it!)

The start of our trip will be in the extreme colds of Siberia until
Passage PlanningPassage PlanningPassage Planning

World map with an addition of an expanded southeast asia to plan trains and buses.
we get into the humidity of SE Asia. So we will probably have to dispense with some clothes on route.

Lastly Visas!. Some countries we can just go on-line and enter passport details, but with others we have to put in where we are staying and our travel plans. This is probably the most daunting part of the trip, as its difficult with so much of the world to see to pin yourself down.

K

Advertisement



5th January 2016

Holiday Practice
Glad to hear you are both practicing hard for this coming holiday with a short stay at a hotel. Why you couldn't have just launched off on the tides in the boat is beyond me but there you go! Looking forward to reading Hot Girl and Sweaty mans adventures - have fun!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb