Goodbye Hugo


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Gillingham
December 11th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ice Skatingice Skatingice Skating

Dad and Blake giving it ago
We're another week closer to coming home now - but it's been a week.

After our joyous visit to London all the boys came down with a vomitting bug. Simply beautiful. So Thursday, Friday and even Saturday were days off school. Off everything actually apart from TV.

On Saturday a couple from Tauranga came an looked at Hugo. They too a tripping through Europe and they made an offer which we promptly excepted!! So having Hugo sold was fantastic. It meant that Gareth didn't need to do anything else on Hugo apart from an MOT and our trip could sort of resume again.

So on Sunday we took the kids ice skating. I had pictures of tears and bruises but there was none of that. By the end of the two hours mason and Anton were skating backwards, doing spins and skidding to a halt. Blake was still tiptoeing on the ice with his tongue out in concentration and you could sort of call it ice 'skating'. They were some fantastic spills but that only caused the other brother to laugh. Gareth even gave it a go. He wasn't too bad actually. No spills anyway but alot of windmilling with the arms.

Monday was a drive into Canterbury for a net at the Kent County Cricket Club. I didn't start off to well as we had to borrow the KCC gear and the pads were a little short on Anton and the ball was hitting him just above the pad. The boys enjoyed it though. Anton bowled well and Mace got his eye in. He's still a little ginger with his sore leg but when he has his own gear on I'm sure he'll be fine. The facilities there were great.

Hugo gets to keep his name and on Tuesday he was driven away by Mark and Briar. It was a little sad to see him go but he was quickly replaced by a Ford Mondeo 2008 with only a couple of miles on the clock. It's alot easier to park!!!! That afternoon the boys hung all the Christmas decorations around Meera and kjelds. They loved it. They even put up the tree and decorated that. I think they're going to find it hard to leave here. Meera and Kjeld have been great!

We thought we'd give London one more go before we headed north so on Wednesday we headed back in on the train. The people were completely different. There were even some apologies when tall hurrying adults banged into Blake - without blaming him they apologised. Absolutely amazing after last time. We took the kids to see Treasure Island on stage. The sword fights sounded terrific - I didn't watch them I watched the boys. BLakes eyes were rounded with pleasure. On the way home he asked it they were real. I told him the people were but that they were acting out a story. After some thought he said "the movies sux eh mum". I took from that that he loved it. Gareth struggled a little though because he ended up getting the boys tummy bug. So we did london rather slowly.

We leave the warmth and safety of Meera and Kjelds today to move on. We have loved staying here and it has been fantastic just to sort out the next leg of our journey. We have done the Christmas things and we are starting to believe it is Christmas but it is far to cold for a bbq christmas dinner!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The English Xmas TreeThe English Xmas Tree
The English Xmas Tree

At Meera and Kjeld's after the boys decorated their home.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb