Southampton


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Southampton
May 25th 2015
Published: May 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, arrived home safely, was up 48 hours, so very tired and very jet lagged !! Got to the airport nice and early Saturday evening in Melbourne. Remember we were trying to get our upgrade using Sue's points, well Stu went off to speak to customer services, came back and said they received Robert's e -mail from the Melbourne Qatar offices and they have two seats left in business class and we can have them using Sue's points !! Well I was estatic, then he dropped the bomb shell !!! Sue needs to be with us to sign !! Noooooooooooooooooo, then Stu said 'well it's not going to happen as NO Sue', but then said he got the best economy seats booked on the plane !! Well I was baffled as I didn't know there were best seats on a 14 hour economy flight !! Stu was so happy and said they are the exit seats, we can stretch our legs out. Oh nooooooooooo, I said that is 'baby land', this is where they attach the baby cots to the walls !! This was not good. So we take our seats on the plane, door of the loo right by us, everyone and their dog queuing up for the loo where our stretched legs go !! And the further into the flight it got the smeller it got !! And to top it all we had baby on our right teething !!! Oh yes, really not good. Poor parents were trying their best to quieten baby, I felt for them, they were very nice, said they were from Tehran and apologised for their baby's screaming, yes the little lad got himself in a right frenzie at times. So of course the very English way is 'oh no, he didn't bother us, he was very good'. Gosh, I can lie pretty good, because there were lots of smiles coming from the parents. So after that hideous flight, we got through security in Doha and then straight to the gate, this took nearly two hours, got on the plane for the next 7 hours, no exit seat but 7 hours seemed such a short flight, it didnt bother us. So now back home, up twice in the night, thought it was the beginning of a day, had my breakfast at 03.00 am, back to bed, cup of tea at 06.30, up at 08.00, now it's 12.40 in the afternoon and now want to go to bed again. Stu seems to have a lot of energy and is doing gardening !! Good luck to him I say !! Ok we are now back to reality !!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb