Manchester and Liverpool, England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester » Manchester
September 7th 2004
Published: June 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Date: 07.09.2004
Destination: Manchester, England
Day: 4

The intended plan was to go to Liverpool straight from London. But in order to save money, we took Megabus (just 2pound) to Manchester then continue to Liverpool. But, another reason was Manchester United baby!

The trip to Manchester was a comfortable one. We reached Manchester Central around noon and straight to Old Trafford via Metrolink. What with all the Bull statues around Manchester? The Manchester United stadium is situated somewhere outskirt of the Central but there are still score of people around and inside the stadium. From the information i get, the match ticket for Manchester United are just for members and non-members need to pay at least 100pound to secure a place! So, visiting the stadium is the only way to get near the action. We bought a tour and museum ticket.

The stadium was huge with the famous logo all around. We started by visiting the Trophies room in the museum, then around the history department... After that, the stadium tour started. A guide took us to the field seating and explain to us about everything from the history to the players. Then to the pit where the manager sits, media room, players lounge, changing room, blablabla....

After the short tour, we headed to the Megastore selling Man Utd merchandises. I wanted to buy a jersey but it cost at least 50pound ( RM350 ) and instead got a normal shirt and a postcard.

we went to Liverpool in the evening and it was a short trip, just 1 hour. We never got a chance to really explore Liverpool because of time constraint. Stayed the night and the next day at my friend's house in Liverpool. At last, some rice for dinner....



Date: 08.09.2004
Destination: Liverpool, England
Day: 5

Today plan is actually just to visit around Liverpool but a changed of plan have us going to Cheshire Oak. It is a shopping 'paradise' and an hour bus journey from central Liverpool.

The first impression of Chesire Oak is wow.. it's really huge. It is not a shopping complex but row of shops lining up into a huge square. This place is famous for the large discounts given by every shop and i mean designer label such as Nike, Adidas, Fila and many many more.. but sadly, still expensive considering the currency in Pound. Ha! I bought nothing there...

Then we went back to Liverpool to rest again because tonight will be a long trip to Edinburgh, Scotland. We managed to walk pass some of Liverpool attraction such as the City Hall and the Liverpool Museum. Eventhough it's night time, the building is still quite pretty. Just a bit dissappointed that we couldn't find time to have a look at Albert's Dock, another pretty sight in Liverpool.

Bidding farewell to our friends, we continue our trip up north towards Scotland..

Advertisement



10th September 2005

random bulls
just to let you know, the bulls were there for a reason, it was an art project by the students of manchesters metrapolitan university. and quite impresive i thought. hope that satisfied your needs

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb