Exploring London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
February 29th 2016
Published: February 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The plan today was to drop Fleur at the nursery, Clara at school, shop for dinner and then train into London for our first sightseeing tour: and so it was. It was lovely to revisit the sights of London and see some of those missed in previous visits. Of course the first stop was the Picadilly line to Piccadilly Circus: a must first appearance into London for everyone. The sight of numerous beautifully architectured streets all converging at the circus, and the neon lights make a memorable imprint. We walked around the area before visiting Fortnum and Mason, the famous tea makers of London. Wow, what a store! The inevitable purchase place for high quality tea and gourmet foods. Yes guilty as charged: a couple of purchases were made, then behold as we were leaving the store, the hour struck and we saw the famous clock working again: at last. The two servants emerged from inside the clock, nodded, bowed, stayed a while, then returned to the inside of the clock to await the next hour. On Michaels last two visits this had had not been working! He was stoked!

We then wandered to St James Square, then onto Trafalgar Square via Buckingham Palace by which time, we had to return to Hammersmith to pick up Clara from school.

Then home to prepare dinner, an Aussie lamb roast, collect Fleur from the nursery and await Simon and Sophie's arrival. A lovely day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Royalist cups Royalist cups
Royalist cups

For Joan, Leslie and Jamie
The clock The clock
The clock

Servants on display


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb