Sat night dramas


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 29th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

PeoplePeoplePeople

Pierre-Luke from Quebec and a Mexican girl whose name I can't remember in the common room at the hostel.
God, I'm so sick of things being broken round here. I go to get into my room today and my key doesn't work. So I knock and a guy lets me in and all my sheets have been removed. Great thinks I, they think I've been checked out. Go down to talk to the reception and sure enough, they've stuffed up and only booked me in for 3 nights when I booked (and paid) for 4. And they tell me they are already 15 people overbooked and can't do anything about it. Well I kicked up a stink obviously but the pepople are so useless and the boss isn't there so I've been asked to come back later. Hmm I'm in one of the largest cities in the world on a saturaday night at 3pm with no accomadation booked. Nice.
I was totally stressing that I wouldn't have anywhere to stay, was no way I was trusting the hostel people. So I rang around a dozen places in the city and went to a few, basically got laughed at by most of them when I asked if they had vacancies. However I went on the internet to look and found a
Corus Hotel Hyde Park Corus Hotel Hyde Park Corus Hotel Hyde Park

Yep, that's all you get for £75 in London!
site called lastminute.com which specialises in, funnily enough, last minute deals. I found a room in a place beside Hyde Park, pretty pricey at £75 a night, but I thought "Fuck it, I'm so stressed it's about time I have a decent sleep without being crammed in a room with 5 other people." So I booked the Saturday and Sunday night.
I was supposed to be meeting my Belarusian friend Marina earlier in the afternoon, so had to ring her and delay. I went back to the hostel and got my money back, then meet up with Marina and treked out to the hotel with all my crap. I've also teed up a meeting with a South African women to see a room in NE London which is £80 a week, I'm pretty keen to stay a bit longer so need some cheaper accom'!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb