London - We Have Arrived!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 11th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Dubai - London

Dubai to London, staying at Suz's Place in Clapham!

Clouds and more CloudsClouds and more CloudsClouds and more Clouds

View from my window between Dubai and London - We are almost there!
We boarded our plane with at least twice the amount of permitted carry on luggage. However, the flight was strangely empty so this didn’t seem to pose too much of a problem. We found ourselves at the back of the plane, with people only sitting in every second row and no one in the middle, which suggested this would be a reasonably comfortable flight.
We managed to acquire the majority of the pillows from the back half of the plane, but even with a row to ourselves, it seemed impossible to get comfortable.

We finally landed about 8.30pm local time, collected out luggage and headed to the immigration desks. Thanks to a few innocent smiles and some cheap chit chat, we both managed to get thought without any problems.

The next thing I remember was someone running towards me screaming. It was Suz! I left my trolley to its own devices and ran screaming toward her, I think the whole airport knew we hadn’t seen each other for one and a half years. Brendan had a rather abrupt introduction the joint chaos that is me & Suz. We found a more appropriate place to pull over and waited for
Brendan - Pillows GarloreBrendan - Pillows GarloreBrendan - Pillows Garlore

I'm sure he won't appreciate this photo!
Ben to arrived. Following after another ‘run-and-hug’ plus introduction episode we made our way to Suz’s car.

We chucked luggage in the boot and the boys in the back, and made our way to my new home for the next little while.
It was great to catch up with Suz, it was just like old times. Brendan and Ben described us as two drunken parrots as we were talking so fast they couldn’t understand us! Apparently they were even talking to us in the back, but neither of us heard them.

We arrived at Suz’s place in Clapham - Thanks for carrying my heavy suitcase up the stairs Ben! We had an introduction to the house and Suz’s friend and flatmate Heidi. Then went down to the local takeaways for some quick dinner.

After a very long day, and a bit more talking, Brendan and I were very tired and decided to hit the sack. …. Lookout London, we will be seeing you tomorrow!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

London From the Sky ILondon From the Sky I
London From the Sky I

Check it out - Its London!
London From the Sky IILondon From the Sky II
London From the Sky II

Yep, Thats the River Thames!
The Alderbrook FlatThe Alderbrook Flat
The Alderbrook Flat

Its the second floor of the house that looks up this street - pretty nice hood really.


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb