Dinner and a play.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 28th 2011
Published: October 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On Monday there was a play that we had to go to for our theatre class called Playboy of the Western World . It was in The Old Vic theatre and that is one of the nicest I've been to so far. As usual we couldn't take picture on the inside but it was elaborate with red velvet seats and there were two balcony areas with seating and the main floor. I was seated on the second balcony which was very high up but not so high where I couldn't see the stage and would have needed binoculars. The play was an Irish play and it was about a young man who thought he had killed his father and then ran away into some womans home. They fall in love and low and behold his father really isn't dead and comes searching for him. In the end the boy goes home with his father but the boy says he doesn't want to be pushed around as much. The play overall wasn't very good. I wouldn't recommend it to any one. The play is staged in one house or pub rather for the entire thing which makes it even more boring. The night was made better though with a trip to McDonald's and the person giving us our food giving us bigger drinks than we ordered. Which was particularly nice because Their large drinks would be comparable to a bit smaller than our medium drinks.

On Tuesday there was a planned dinner with all of the students from the program to a place called Le Chef Masgouf. This is an Iraqi restaurant in Paddington. It was absolutely delicious! When we first got there they had different dipping sauces and fixtures to dip your bread in or have with a salad. The dips they had was hummus, feta cheese, olives, and a zucchini dip that was to die for. The bread that they gave us to dip in was really filling right off the bat. Then we were served our main meal. Mine consisted of minced lamb and chicken which the lamb tasted like steak it was so tender and juicy. They also put the cubed lamb on the side. This is done because the minced lamb is cheaper than the cubed and they don't want to seem cheap so if you order the minced they automatically give you both types of meat. For the side we just had the rice which was really good. For dessert they gave us baklava. I've never had it before and it's basically a pastry with a chewy center that has honey, nuts, cinnamon, and sugar in it. It's really good and something I would definitely eat again. After getting lost on our way they we were certain about making our way back. Although it was much slower than before after being so stuffed with a delicious Irai meal from Le Chef Masgouf.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb