Day 88: Arriving in London and Recovering


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 25th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrived in London at 9am cos our plane had to sit on the runway for 2 hours literally until it took off in New York! Very unhelpful unfriendly ppl who work on british airways! Do not recommend the airline! They wouldn't even let me go to the toilet while waiting on the runway that long!!! Flight was ok and we both slept on and off throughout it. When we arrived we were shattered! Unfortunately once again there was no wifi at Heathrow airport and we were arriving so late and both had ppl waiting for us to arrive so we paid and emailed them quickly then headed off to experience the tube for the first time! We had to part ways on the first train which felt weird being seperated seeing as though we have semi morphed into one being over the past 3 months! haha! But we both managed to find our respective places to stay.

it was really cool to see Glen after like 3 years and meet his 1 and a half year old son markel who was sick but so gorgeous! He speaks Spanish so of course we had amazing conversations me being fluent and all after my trip to South America!! El stayed with her cousin and enjoyed catching up with her also. We were both absolutely shattered and realised that yes infact jetlag does exist after us just recently talking about it and saying that we didnt think it did cos we'd been so good this trip! It hit us both hard in London.

I then went to Glens work for a few hours at Circus Space - a circus school where you can get a bachelors degree in 3 years to be an acrobat. It was very cool! I spent a few hours while he worked catcing up on emails and emailing jobs and flats etc. We the wadered around a bit and headed home and tried to have an early night - ish to catch up on some sleep!

When El arrived in london she went to the Bank and sorted out her account, and picked up her bag that Min had bought over for her, from home which was at Fi's work. then headed ourt to dinner with her cousin to a nice Italian restaurant!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb