London Calling!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 11th 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I spent a little over 5 days in Barcelona and then met up with the others again in London at the Victoria Coach Station. The one-hour flight there was definitely one of the worst flights ever. I don’t know why I don’t do too well on short flights…but let’s never eat at the airport before boarding. The first night in London was recuperating, doing laundry, and climbing the bitch ass narrow and high stairs of the hostel. Everything but the stairs was incredible at the hostel and was basically a hotel.

Second day in London, we did a lot of sight seeing at the Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Eye, London Bridge (there was a song about this?? when you see it, you'll wonder why), Tower Bridge, Abbey Road (hahah it’s not easy recreating that famous Beatles photo crossing the road with traffic waiting!) and the abbey studios, and CAMDEN STREET which I must say has the best shoe shopping (and probably other shopping as well) and Chinese food. I wasn’t expecting too much of London, but it was nice to speak English again and hear it all around. In fact, with the couple hours or days we were there, believe it or not, I started picking up an accent. Definitely easy to pick up when everyone around you speaks like that. We ate at NANDO’s (if you go, eat there! there’s lots of locations and order the chicken, coleslaw, and fries) and then later went out to Zoo Bar.

The pounds definitely hates the U.S. dollar and Euro. OUCH. haha.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb