Day 3: London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 7th 2011
Published: March 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in London, (3 days is just not enough but there you have it), was spent firstly with a great walk through Hyde park where Pam got some good pics of a Crested Grebe, a little duck like bird with a hair do like Sid Vicious. On down to Harrods, what is a visit to London without seeing Harrods, bloody expensive and a little hoity toity for me but was still neat to see, the buildings architecture is fantastic, (see the pics). Back on to the hop on hop off bus, our mode of transport for the whole of our time in London, 22 pounds each for the three days, not a bad price, and past Kensington Palace and around to the British Museum for a quick gander inside at the amazing lattice roof structure. On then to St Paul's Cathedral, we didn't go in as they wanted 14.50 pounds each to go inside a bloody church, now that sucks, so we strolled around the outside all the same. Back home to the Lancaster Gate for our last night in London. We saw the squirrels in Hyde Park again and the little old Croatian man who feeds them peanuts, damn me if one of the little critters didn't actually ran up me trouser leg to nick me chocolate bar, what a laugh and all caught on film by Bree. We popped over the road to the Swan, a 350 year old pub, for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



12th March 2011

Keep em coming - Love Aunty Glenys

Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb