First Day in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 22nd 2010
Published: April 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Europe! So happy to be able to say that considering all the issues with the volcano ash. The flights were on time but I got pretty much no sleep. We landed at 7:30am and took a train to out hostel to drop off our extremely heavy backpacks. By 9am we had set out to see London. We ended up walking by the Buckingham Palace just in time to see the changing og the guards. Our view wasn't very good but we saw them march in along with the band. Nate almost got pickpocketed by a 7 year old. We saw him a few minutes after he patted down Nate's pocket and Nate reported him to a local officer. The officer questioned the kid but a few minutes later we noticed he was gone.

We spent some time in a few different parks/squares because it was a beautiful sunny day and I was even able to get a little snooze! After our 4 hour excursion we decided it was time for an ale and a nap. The pub was absolutely packed at 1:30pm with men in business suits drinking pints. I want a job over here!! We've had about 1.5 hours of sleep in the past 36 and now we're headed out for dinner and more pints!

So far I think London is a beautiful city. Everything is so green right now and there are amazing tulips everywhere you go! The people seem friendly enough but I have noticed they are mostly dressed in neutral colors (thanks for the heads up on that Jenny).

We are safe and sound and having a good time! I will write again soon!

Advertisement



22nd April 2010

Glad all is OK. We will keep up on your travels. Get som sleep...Love Dad and Sue
22nd April 2010

Woot! Woot!
So glad you two made it there safely and that Nate did not get pickpocketed by the 7 year old. Get some sleep tonight and stay safe. Lauren
22nd April 2010

I enjoyed your London post. I am sure you are going to have a good time there. My blog is looking for travel photos. If you have the time, email us some at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com or check us out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com. Continued fun on your travels, Eric
1st May 2010

Enjoy
Happy for you and friends be safe dont travel alone Love u

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb