Birthday party!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 12th 2009
Published: December 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today, we went to our oldest nephew's birthday party. Jack turned 4 at the beginning of the week. We went over a little bit early to help them set up. They used a rec room type of place at the college where they live. My sister-in-law had planned quite a few games, pizza, and cake, of course. The games included "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", "Simon Says", and a slightly different version of "Musical Chairs", where there were enough chairs for all of the kids, but there were 2 that had pictures taped to the bottom. About halfway through the party, Karen and I went back to the house to cook the pizzas. We managed to get back just as they were finishing some stories. After the kids ate, parents showed up to collect them. We cleaned up the room and then headed home. We stuck around for a little bit to watch Jack open his gifts. He received 2 that I think will prove to be his favorites - a set of walkie talkies and some swim goggles. Of course, now he wants to go swimming. :-) Unfortunately, we couldn't stay longer since we needed to get home to pack for our holiday. We leave tomorrow morning!

Jack's Birthday Photos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb