Day 22 thursday 5th January


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 5th 2006
Published: January 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Incredibly, today is our last day in London and the last day of our European adventure.

Today we tried to see “ the changing of the guard” at Buckingham Palace, only to discover it had been cancelled. Instead, we went to the Tower of London where we saw the Crown Jewels, the old torture chamber and dungeon, the Royal Armoury, Royal Chapel, the Beef Eaters and ravens.

We had some free time for a rest or last minute souvenir/gift shopping this afternoon. Tonight we’ll have Indian for dinner before most of the group goes to the theatre again, this time to see Phantom of the Opera.

We fly home tomorrow, so this is our last entry on the travel blog site. A reminder to family and friends meeting us at Brisbane airport: it usually takes up to an hour after the flight lands to collect luggage and proceed through customs and immigration. Anticipated arrival time is the same. We look forward to seeing you then and sharing many more photos and memories.

So for the 2005/2006 NCC Europe Trip, it’s now officially OVER AND OUT! Thanks for your interest and sharing this journey with us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



6th January 2006

Yay for Postcards...
Thanks for the postcard Tash, it arrived today :-) Looking forward to the slideshow when you get back!
6th January 2006

Thank you.
Splendid tour of the sights and people. Thanks a lot for the entertainment these last weeks. See you soon.

Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb